Taking skydiving pictures is challenging and fun. I have a 26x super zoom. There are 2 issues taking moving pictures at that range. Keeping the camera steady and keeping moving objects in the frame. My new camera has a viewfinder which helps making it easier to track skydivers as they fall or float to earth.
I wanted to experiment by taking longer range pictures. Tandems jump from the plane around 10,000 feet. Here are a few pictures I took from the ground tracking tandems as they fall. Tandems deploy their parachutes at around 6,000 feet. It is easier to find and track falling skydivers if I can see them jump from the plane and follow them down. It's also easier when I can stand in a shaded area.
As I explained in last years skydiving post, many tandems want a videographer to record their adventure which is what you see in a couple of these shots.
Carol is one of the videographers at the Dropzone in Pepperell, MA. She is in the pictures you see here. Videographers take video of you before the flight, during the flight, the jump out of the plane, the fall and landing. Once the tandem deploys their parachute the videographer races to the ground to take videos of the tandem as they land. Carol does a great swoop when landing.
.....
This is a tendem deploying their shoot with another tandem in the frame still falling. I thought that was interesting. This is Carol landing before one of the tandems so she can take video of their landing.
Search Blog Archive: September 2011, September 2010, August 2009, May 2009 & November 2008 - for more Skydiving.
SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS
About My Blog
- ActionshotsNH
- ActionshotsNH combines my passion for outdoor adventure and photography. I share family adventures, hiking, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, motorcycles, cars, skydiving, aerial photography, New England scenery, foliage, barns, and the outdoors through photos and stories from the places and experiences I enjoy most. CLICK ON PHOTOS IN EACH POST TO ENLARGE THEM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Translate
POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.
-
On this trip we planned to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, do some sightseeing, and visit family and friends. We flew from Boston ...
-
When walking in Beaver Brook I take my camera just in case I see something interesting. I found a couple nice areas where the deer co...
-
My dad was born in 1929 and grew up in Michigan. As a teen in early the 1940’s, he bought a Springfield 87M .22 rifle from his youth pas...
-
I enjoy taking pictures and am always on the lookout for a nice barn when we drive or hike. As a child, my family would visit my ...
-
I’ve been thinking about doing a blog post on reflections. But then I found myself wondering: should I show the subject that creates the ref...
-
My recent firearm purchase was for a conceal/carry gun. What caliber? I was thinking .380. From my .380 research the Kahr P380 was ...
-
With foliage descending on New England , I decided to drive to the Northeast Kingdom (NEK) of Vermont to take pictures. I had planned to g...
-
I have been doing a fair amount of hiking this summer. I go out several times a week and walk in the woods between 4 and 6 miles. I enjoy ...
-
Our 2022 Kennebunkport vacation is now in the books. We ended up renting 2 houses again due to the growing family size and schedule. We re...
-
My friend Gary and his wife Beth went to visit their kids in Alabama . Beth took a hunter safety course so she could go deer hunting . O...






No comments:
Post a Comment