SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Target Shooting with Kate


Kate wanted to go shooting before going back to school.  We headed north to a place we could shoot.  I didn't expect the mud we encountered.  It has been warm so the ground thaw and the ice melt has caused lots of mud.  As we wound our way through the woods I came to a couple areas where someone else had broken through the ice on one side of the trail.  Ice, water, and mud can be exciting.  A couple of times I almost came to a stop because of the mud.  Momentum is key when 4 wheeling.  We arrived at an area that looked good for target shooting so we stopped.  I set up some paper targets.  I found a can and stuck that on a branch also.

I brought 3 pistols.  We started off with the .44 magnum (Beulah).  The Pachmayr grip was a bit big for Kate.  The .44 is heavy for her also.  After a dozen rounds or so her hand hurt. 

We moved to the 9mm.  We (mainly Kate) shot 140 rounds with that.  I should have brought more ammo.  I put 19 rounds in the clip and let her have at it in this video. 
Finally, the .22 pistol.  A fun round (and cheap to shoot) but Kate liked the 9mm more. 


We wrapped up our shooting and headed down a couple more trails through the woods.  I ended up on the far side of a ravine.  I wasn't about to attempt going down the steep bank and try to make it up the other side without other trucks with me so I had to turn around.  Had a blast in the mud.
As we headed for home we stopped at a Sportsman show.  I met John Klucky who holds the state record for a typical buck in New Hampshire.  He is a guide and has taken some huge deer. 
We had a great time talking, shooting, and having father daughter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.