SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Experimenting with Intentional Camera Movement - ICM


I was online admiring a photo someone had taken.  Another person asked how it was done and the response was "intentional camera movement".  Hmm.
 
Wikipedia says "In intentional camera movement (ICM), a camera is moved during the exposure for a creative or artistic effect. This causes the image points to move across the recording medium, producing an apparent streaking in the resulting image ... The effect depends significantly on the direction that the camera is moved in relation to the subject as well as the speed of the movement."
 
Ironically, I have taken ICM pictures over the years not knowing it had a name.

Doing a bit of research has inspired me to experiment.  ICM does create interesting pictures.  I have a few ideas so I will see what turns up.





Ocean Waves

Lights from Disneyland Hotel

7th Street, Phoenix

7th Street, Phoenix


Loudon Races


You can see with a couple photos below that distant objects do not show as much movement as the subjects that are closer. 

Trees on a hillside

Night Lights




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.