SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Red, White, and Barns of New England



I enjoy taking pictures and am always on the lookout for a nice barn when we drive or hike. As a child, my family would visit my Grandparents farm in Iowa. 


I have such fond memories of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, neighbors, etc. on the farm.   They include driving tractors, bailing hay, feeding the cows, delivering a calf, driving pickup trucks, turning on the windmill, sleeping in the barn, fishing in the creek, and lots of critters. I think barn pictures may bring back those childhood memories.

I enjoy photos of old and new barns. Not that red is the preferred color of a barn but “Isn't red the preferred color of a barn”? There are many other barn colors including white, yellow, and non-painted barns.

What about photographing other farm buildings that aren't barns? Would they count if they were red? I took a picture of a restored ice house next to a pond (a barn wanna be). It was a pretty shot and I couldn't resist.

I guess I'll be open to all barns or interesting farm buildings. I should really plan a road trip through New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine to revisit some of the barns I remember seeing but didn't take a picture of.  Sunrise, sunset, morning fog, rain.  I take them as they are.

Kevin thinks I should add farm equipment (only old and/or red equipment). What about farm animals?  There could be 2 more blog posts there.  

Except for the 3 Iowa farm pictures, I have taken all of these barn pictures.

Click on the photo to enlarge.  This is always a work in progress for me ...


















































































































































































































Below are a couple barn pictures I took outside of New England.





I recently visited friends in PA and took some barn pictures.  Below is a link to my blog post "Barn Hunting in York County, PA.

https://actionshotsnh.blogspot.com/2018/11/barn-hunting-in-york-county-pa.html





1 comment:

  1. Wow, take me to New England. These are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.