SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

VERMONSTER 4X4 - Bradford Mud Races - October 2013





So … Kevin and I headed to the Vermonster Mud Races LAST WEEKEND … It just over 2 hours away. When we arrived no one was there … IT WAS THIS WEEKEND … If we could have opened the locked gate we had our choice of parking.  I should have double checked the dates before the drive.  NUTS … It was a couple weeks early for foliage in this area but we still headed North on Rt. 5 to one of the barns I know of.



I did check the dates this time and it was this weekend.  We headed out Saturday morning for a day of trucks.  There was fog in the mountains on the drive up and it was cold so we wore our sweatshirts.  It didn’t take long for the fog to burn off and the temperature to climb.  It turned in to a bright sunny 74 degree day.  It was hot in the sun.  I didn’t plan on getting a sun burn but I did! 



I bought pit passes this time so we could walk around the areas where the trucks were being worked on.  You have to sign a waiver as it can be dangerous.  The visibility driving those high trucks is poor so it is wise to be careful.  Many were lined up for the trench or the drag racing.  It was fun looking at some of these trucks up close.  I took pictures from a couple different locations in the pit area.


As usual, “The Trench”, “Rock Crawling & Rock Racing”, “Mud Racing”, “Hill & Hole”, and “Monster Trucks” were fun to watch.

We see some of the trucks each time we have been here but there were some new trucks I had never seen.  I was impressed with the truck “Deep Trouble”. 

There were a couple crack ups.  One truck had its front end torn apart in the trench with a driver that didn’t look to happy about it.  The truck owner of one of the mud race trucks thought he blew his $22,000 motor and wasn’t able to race the tie breaker for time against the other truck.  He was towed to the grandstand area to receive his 2nd place trophy. Sounds like he may have some work ahead of him.  We saw torn off fenders, front grills, bumpers, drive shafts, shock mounts, etc ... “Do you put that stuff back on once torn off or just leave it off??”

I played some with the settings on my new camera.  The camera experiments have begun … Tough to choose which pictures to post. 
 










Go to: "Search This Blog" at the top of my page and type in Vermonster to see past posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.