SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Looking for critters

I drove with my daughter looking for animals last night. This little creature looked like a beaver from my truck. I have never seen a beaver out of the water so I took a couple pictures and decided to see if I could get closer. It was on the edge of a field 165 yards from where I pulled over.

I would like to think it was my hunting stealth and sheer determination not to be seen or heard that enabled me to get so close. I crept up on it and ended up about 10 feet away. It turns out it was a little porcupine that quite honestly didn’t care how close I got. It looked at me, showed me its quills, and slowly went up and over the rock wall. I was only 14 inches long plus tail. It was so cute it looked huggable …








I saw these turkeys in a field also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.