SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kennebunkport, ME Vacation - 2010



Our vacation week proved to be very warm and humid as the weatherman predicted.   We walked from the house to the rocks by Spouting Rock to watch the July 4 fireworks.  St. Ann's church is in the foreground.  Years ago Pam and I drove up to see the fireworks.  The traffic was terrible so it was nice to be so close to the rocks so we could walk.  I forgot my tripod this vacation so I rested my camera on my knee.  It worked out ok for these shots.

We spent several days at the beach enjoying swimming, boogie boards, body surfing, relaxing. 


We walked to the levy and watched the boats coming and going from the port.  When the tide was high enough the kids (Scott and Pam included) jumped off the rock levy.

We covered Kevin with towels and chips a couple times to watch the seagulls walk on him. 

Kevin and I went to the " Maine Diner" http://www.mainediner.com/  in Wells for breakfast as we do every vacation.  My struggle that morning was whether I should have coffee at the diner or get my usual Dunkin Donuts morning coffee.  We also took Scott and Evan to Cabelas in Scarboro.  I bought a couple things and enjoyed checking out all the hunting stuff.

On Thursday we decided to go to Funtown in Saco, ME.  One favorite was the log flume as it was very hot and the opportunity to get wet was refreshing.


The kids like the big wood roller coaster called Excalibur.   It is the largest and tallest coaster in Maine and the largest in Northern New England.  They must have gone on it 5 or 6 times.  Megan and Kate liked Dragon's Descent too.


The 13 if us ate dinner at Federal Jack's for Kevin's birthday. 

On Friday Pam and Scott took the kids kayaking. I decided to take pictures from shore instead of risking getting my camera wet. The tide was high so they decided to head toward the ocean. Next they turned around and went up stream and under the bridge. They congregated on some seaweed and relaxed a bit.


We had pizza on the beach on Friday night.  It's a tradition each year (Rain or shine) as we pack up and head home the next morning.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.