SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Clay Pigeon Shooting

So what is it?  "Trap Shooting", "Skeet Shooting", or "Sporting Clay's".  Not that I know that much about it but "Clay Pigeon Shooting" or "Clay Target Shooting" is also in the mix ... There are lots of different rules depending on which you are doing ...

With that said, Kevin and I connected up with Rob and Nate to go @)$%#@ shooting.  Mike, Jeff, and Jeff's son Tyler were at the gravel pit where we would shoot.  Rob and Mike set up the launcher when we arrived.  With the temp in the 20's and mild wind it was a bit cold.  Mike set up a camping burner in case we wanted to warm our hands.  This is Mike, Rob, and Jeff fighting it out. 

I brought my Franchi Black Magic 12 gauge (gas action, ultra-light), Kevin's 20 gauge and a couple pistols in case we wanted to shoot at some targets. 
Rob, Mike, and Jeff had 12's also.  With the launcher set we lined up and started shooting.  Who could shoot the quickest and hit the disk?  Several times a disk was hit and the broken pieces were hit again on the way down. 

My shotgun is probably 20 years old and I hadn't put more than 5 boxes through it in that time so I was getting pummeled by the others.  Jeff was really on target with Rob and Mike not far behind.  Nate, Kevin, and Tyler did well also.  There isn't much to the breach action 20 gauge I brought so the boys had fun with it.

Kevin and I shot 3 boxes each.  I took this pic of Mike shooting my gun. 

Targets were set up so Mike could shoot his .22 rifle.  I passed around my 9mm and the .22 pistol.  Jeff had his .40 but I didn't get a chance to shoot it.  Maybe next time.

Lauren had a real bad ski accident the day before so she and Jessica didn't shoot with us.  Kate would have joined us also but had to work.

We had a great time and will do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.